Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MissGinger Gets Her Occupational Reality Fix!

Tonight was big night for "occupational reality" television:  it was the finale of Shear Genius.

The Final CutDee, Charlie, and Nicole were the finalists, and for the final challenge they had to create 4 haircuts in 3 hours that told a story of a woman's life at 18, 20, 40, and 60.  Dee had redheads,  and her 3 models had every shade of red imaginable, as well as some other colors.  She really had a challenge getting their colors done.  She made up a story about a rocker chick.  Nicole got brunettes and told the story of her mother.  Charlie made up a story about a  blonde child star who lives a Hollywood life and ends her career by becoming a director.

Charlie did these "glamour" styles,  and Kim Vo said one of them looked like a "blonde burrito"!

I sort of thought all along that Charlie would win because of his experience and versatility,  but I think this challenge cost him the show.  This chignon sorta looked to Miss Ginger like the hairdo that almost every high power, somewhat overweight buyer would wear. 

The big white shirt just made that effect even more serious.  An the faux pearls totally finished off that "I just bought the outfit off the department store catalog" look!

Lisping Lesbian Dee won the show,  and although Miss G is also a redhead,  Dee's looks didn't live up to the "rocker chick" persona she had made up for her story.  Sorry,  this just didn't say "rocker chick" to Miss G.!

On Project Runway,  the designer had to make outfits out of recycled pieces of a Saturn Vue Hybrid. If Suede had said "whackadoodle" one more time I think I would have run him over with a Saturn Vue Hybrid.  He did remember to speak in the third person in one vignette,  after totally forgetting to do that schtick on the last few shows.  I'm sorry I ever called Stella a one trick pony,  because she apparently heard me,  and when tried to step outside of her comfort zone,  it really sucked.

Hunky Stupid Keith finally got auf'd.  Her had been challenged for making things that were too messy,  but today he was just boring.

Leanne won with this dress,  which looked better on TV than it does in this picture.

Tomorrow night is Tabitha's Salon Takeover,  and if you're not watching you've only missed one episode,  so catch it tomorrow!

And I just saw an ad that the Silver Daddy Tim Gunn is coming back with his Guide to Style,  and he has FINALLY ditched that horrid Veronica Webb (what color is she supposed to be, anyway?)

 

and replaced her with the adorable Gretta Monahan. Much cuter!

Slade and Joe

So, Miss G will catch Tabitha in New Orleans tomorrow.  IF Gustav doesn't screw things up!!   It's not looking good,  but these things are very unpredictable when they are this far out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I don't watch these shows, I loved your commentary on them!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all on the Gulf coast will be safe from Gustav. I hope your trip isn't spoiled, and that New Orleans doesn't get hit again. It's my favorite city, and my hubby and I always have a blast when we're there! We love Big Al Carlson at the Funky Pirate, Lafitte's Blacksmith Shoppe, and for breakfast, we LOVE to visit the Clover Grill! (Be sure to say hi to Earl!)

All my best,
Beth

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Shear Genius & Project Runway. It's so nice to see I'm not the only impassioned fan.
I was really rooting for Nicole to win Shear Genius but I thought she was very brave in admitting her error and not trying to BS her way out of it. Bravo!
Keith was way too cute to leave but his outfit was boring. I thought it was close between Leanne & Korto. I loved that Coat Dress.