Thursday, August 28, 2008

"and I am Telling You- I'm Still Going!"

I'm not letting some stupid unpredictable hurricane ruin my holiday weekend... and it's just as likely at this point to come to Houston as to New Orleans, so I may as well go, right?  This map certainly show that the computers have not agreed on New Orleans as the target.

at200807_model082808a.gif

Meanwhile,  I found this link to the "Hurricane Hunters" really interesting.  Some particular points of interest: they really do fly straight through the hurricane.  They are all reserve volunteers.  And their planes look really old.  The Air Force probably doesn't want their nice new planes to get messed up by the storm!

Oh, hell to the no Miss Ginger ain't going on one of those! She's brave, but not stupid!  She's gonna go on one of these:

But she did take the virtual trip and was rewarded this badge:

Display it with pride!

So, as a documented "Cyber Hurricane Hunter" Miss G feels qualified to navigate the storm from New Orleans.  Plus,  one of her readers commented on Clover Grill and that made her real hungry for a hubcap burger!

Clover Grill Logo

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet badge!

Sounds like you're determined to go, so I hope you'll be safe and sound. Be careful!

Beth