Saturday, August 23, 2008

Miss Ginger Retreats!

Miss Ginger finds herself in the booming metropolis of West Columbia, Texas,  for the Krewe of Olympus annual retreat at "Momma's" house.  The house is kinda full so Miss G is staying at the Best Western Brazos InnBest Western Brazos Inn

It's a far cry from the Westin "Heavenly Beds" or the W "WWonderful Suites" that Miss G has become accustomed to in these last few years of business travel,  but there is sort of a nostalgic charm,  as Miss G has probably not stayed in a true "motel" since she was a kid on a rollaway in Momma and Daddy's room!  You know, a motel- the kind where you park your car right outside the door!  It is convenient, I gotta say!  And the Krewe has converted it to a true "''mo"- tel,  with 'mo's occupying many of the rooms! Including Miss G new "Mom and Dad", as well as the Dame herself!

More later!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss G, some of my fondest childhood memories are of stopping at roadside motels when traveling to Florida with my folks. Louvered windows--air conditioning was a treat, and advertised on the motel's sign!--, color TV, a pool in the courtyard, and don't forget MAGIC FINGERS! Are you even old enough to remember Magic Fingers??

All my best,
Beth

Anonymous said...

I came by your journal via a comment you left in another friends of mine...(she left the comment about Project Runaway). I'm delighted I did, your sound like a fun personality that I could find myself friends with. I'll be back for another visit, no doubt. (Hugs)Indigo