Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricane Ike- Photos and Wrap Up

Are you as sick of me talking about Hurricane Ike as I am?!  But I did promise pictures, so here they are!

When Miss Ginger woke up Saturday morning, here's what she saw:

Upon awakening Sunday,  this was the view:

And tonight here is the view:

In her luxury suite in the W Atlanta Hotel,  Miss G can relax,  cool off,  and try to forget about the stress and frustrations she left behind.  And she has regular broadband service,  so she can share some of the pics she took in her neighborhood.  These are all in Miss G's immediate neighborhood,  walking distance from Chez Ginger.

There were trees and powerlines down everywhere. Miss G was lucky to get power back when she did.  For some neighbors it may take weeks. Miss G already has phone and cable as well.

On of my neighbors attic got crushed:

Another neighbors whole house got smushed:

On of the office buildings down by the freeway lost a bunch of windows:

Miss G's off to her W Wunderfull bed to have her first sweet dreams in days!  Nite Nite!

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glade you made it to ATL with no incident.  Thanks for sharing the pictures, so glad you have services back again :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some scary pictures. I know you feel bad for your neighbors, but there has to be a feeling of relief that you escaped without harm.

Your time away should give you a chance to relax and get some good sleep, after a few days of high anxiety and sleepless nights!

Sleep tight,

Beth

Anonymous said...

Miss G I hope you enjoyed your night in Atlanta!  Linda

Anonymous said...

sleep well!  Linda

Anonymous said...

What a terrible thing in your neighborhood.  We got some pretty high winds, and there are loads of houses like the ones in the picture, BUT we didn't get the rain, and it's the water that makes it all so much worse. I keep remembering that when I think my feet hurt, remember the one with no shoes.  Thanks Miss Ginger, and I'm always appreciative of your lively emails!  In your busy life, you still take time to write them.  Take care of you.  Sue

Anonymous said...

I saw the pictures of South Houston this am- I guess you were pretty fortunate- thank goodness! Enjoy Atlanta. Love, Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Oh, my look at that!  I am coming here from Beth's (luvrte66) place.  Hi Miss Ginger =).  Nice to meet you!  My kids lost their home in Hurricane Charlie a few years back.  Things are never the same after that happens.  Take care, Miss Ginger.  Hugs, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/JoyInTheRain

Anonymous said...

while you are in atlanta, if you can make it, go to 'thumbs up' for breakfast; you will SOOO not be sorry.  ;)

Anonymous said...

oops, forgot to tell you that i am coming to you from daviddust!  and my blog is http://chefthecity.blogspot.com