Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Cocktails

You know, hurricanes and cocktails have gone hand in hand since the beginning of time.  The famous Pat Obrien's Hurricane

was invented as a way for the proprieter of a French Quarter watering hole to calm the frazzled nerves of his customers before an impending storm.

 

 

How to Make an authentic Pat O'Brien's Hurricane

In a 26 oz. Hurricane glass, mix
4 oz. of Pat O'Brien's Hurricane Rum or a good dark Rum and
4 oz. of Pat O'Brien's Hurricane Mix



Fill with crushed ice, and
Garnish with an orange and cherry.

 

Miss Ginger's DEAR friend, str8upwithatwist,  has offered up some FABULOUS cocktails of his own!  Check them out on his blog!

Due to the hurricane, Miss Ginger has given Celia, the housekeeper,  the day off.  So now she expects me to get the the house clean and the laundry done before the power goes off.  I'd better get started so I can use the washer and dryer,  otherwise the bitch will have me out in that storm,  beating her unmentionables against a rock to try and get the stains out!  More later!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't Celia take care of her own undies? D

Anonymous said...

Hurricanes...OMG. The first time we went to NOLA, we sat out on the patio at Pat O'Brien's. There was a bachelor party sitting next to us, and we were all having such a good time, it was hot and humid, and those Hurricanes were going down like Kool-Aid. I ended up having 2 and a half of them...I'm 5' tall and weigh 110 lbs. That is THE worst hangover I'd had in probably 10 years! We were walking around the Garden District the next day--another hot and humid one--and I just wanted to curl up and die! LOL

The next time we went, I think I only had 1 and a half...and I was okay. They're delicious, but dangerous! We also like Hand Grenades. :)

Hugs, Beth

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are ready to face the hurricane.  I found you thru Nutwood Juction and had to add you to my alerts!  I love your humor and wit!  

Anonymous said...

I'll drink to that :o)