Sunday, October 28, 2007

Miss Ginger Wins her 2nd Title!

Miss Ginger has been a busy girl this weekend!  After returning from OKC,  she had exactly one day to pull together 3 numbers for the Duchess of Darkness contest! She started early Saturday,  and by the time everything was together it was time to get on the face and go!  But it was worth it because I won!  This was the first year for the contest,  so it was kind of small,  which kept us running ragged to get changed in time for our next number!  It was lots of fun, as you can see by the pictures on my site at www.ggrant008.com.  I want to congratulate my Duke of Darkness,  Christopher Garrett,  and thank him for stepping up to run with me!  I also truly want to thanks all of my friends and fans who come out time and time again to support me and the causes we represent!  You were all truly generous last night,  and because of that Unhinged Productions (www.u-p.org) will be able to continue giving Houston a venue for GLBT theatre!

My site also has some shots of Josh Duffy,  the emerging musical artist from right here in Houston!  Be sure to check out the photos on my site,  and check out his music at www.joshduffyonline.com. Josh's performance at the show really brought the house down,  and I want to thank him for donating his time and talent to help support Unhinged!

After the show,  some of us headed over to EJ's for the announcement of candidates for Emperor and Empress 24 of ERSICSS.  I wasn't sure who was announcing,  so I was THRILLED when my dear friend Aurora Briar was introduced as candidate for Empress.  She's always out there doing great things for our community,  and I hope all my friends will help me in supporting her candidacy!  Watch my site for details of her campaign, and when it's time to vote I'll be counting on you all to get your friends and neighbors to cast a ballot!  All the candidates are outstanding, so it's going to be a great race!

 

Miss G is taking the rest of Sunday off!  The kids look they are ready for a nap,  so I think I'll snuggle up and join them!  Love to all!.......g

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ginger:  I was there incognito and thoroughly LOVED your Defying Gravity number.  I was a bit alarmed by the witch outfit but the transformation was fabu.  Congratulations on becoming the Duchess of Darkness.  We'll have to catch up next time I'm in town (provided the paparazzi doesn't catch up with me).  Your #1 fan - Kaye Sedilla