Saturday, July 26, 2008

Miss Ginger get p!ssed!

In the US when we are really angry about something,  we say we are pissed like: "I'm really pissed because my date didn't show up!" But in the UK it just means you were drunk.  So today,  Miss Ginger is pissed at herself for getting so pissed last night!  The rest of her staff isn't in very good shape,  either!

The day started innocently enough with a walk through Piccadilly Circus, to Trafalgar Square,  along the Houses of Parliament to the foot of Big Ben.  Then we returned along the Thames river and the the Strand, back to the hotel via Leicester Square. I would share photos with you but there aren't any because the battery died in the camera and I didn't have a spare. You can google any of them to see what they look like!

We had a nice lunch at Balans Cafe around the corner,  then went back to the rooms for a little nap.  After our naps is when the trouble started for Miss G.

We started at the Duke of Wellington pub,  known locally as "the Welly"

The place was cute and cozy,  and we bumped into our friend Rick from the other night,  who was leaving as we arrived.  He was headed over to the Admiral Duncan,  and invited us to meet him there after we left the Welly.  We had a couple of beers when suddenly Miss Ginger jumped up and ran out the door to the street, saying something about "curtain time" as she dissapeared into the crowd. We went to investigate and realized she must have seen this door and felt compelled to get herself ready for her adoring fans:

 

I started to go in after her then thought "what the hell,  let the old girl have her moment!"  We never saw her again for the rest of the night!

After that,  we did indeed go to the Admiral D to meet up with Rick,  and guess to whom in the world he was standing there talking?  Nick, from the night before!  SO we have 2 friends in thewhole of London and they already know each other!  How funny is that!

So we went up the street to the G-A-Y Bar (that's the name. G-A-Y Bar!), and met up with Alex and "Mary", shown here with Rick and Me.  "Mary's" name is not really "Mary", but he is from Poland and I couldn't pronounce his name, so we just called him "Mary".  He is much too handsome to go by "Mary" but it's the best we could do!

After a few drinks at G-A-Y we did a bit of dancing, and a very nice lady picked all the imaginary "lint" off of Sonna while she boogied with Nick.

After a few more beers Sonna, in a flash of good judgement,  decided she needed to get something to eat and call it a night.  In a flash of bad judgement,  I decided to stay out with the boiz, under the pretense of trying to hunt down Miss Ginger. "Mary" kept whining "I want to go to Compton's" but Nick didn't want to so we sent them packing and dropped back into the Admiral D.  After more cocktails and dancing (it's not really a dance bar), we decided our best chance for hunting down Miss G would be at a drag show,  so off we went in a cab to a cute little place called Central Station, north of Soho in Kings Cross. Now, my Momma taught me better than to get in a strange cab in a strange city with a strange man to go to strange places,  but Nick's not all that strange, and I have known him for 2 days.  In the cab he called his boyfriend to meet us, which he did,  and the BF was very handsome and they make a cute couple.  I don't think he was exactly enamoured of the drunk American, but we all watched the performer sing live. She had a very east end British accent,  and of course she screamed into a microphone coming out of  too-small speakers,  so I really couldn't understand a word she said!  By this point I was toast anyway,  so I stumbled into the street (alone. in strange neighborhood. drunk.) and hailed a cab that was driven by a nice, handsome Arab man. As I was getting into the cab I'm pretty sure I saw the hem of Miss G's purple glitter dot dress hanging out of the cab in front of me, but by this point we were rolling so she'll have to pay for her own damn cab! He got me home safely,  and I stopped by the Italian sandwich shopped that is staffed entirely be Croations to get a late night bite. I found one of Miss G's lavendar peau de soies kicked into the corner of the sandwich shop,  so I'm sure she stopped in for a midnight snack as well.

After passing out in the bed and snoring all night,  I woke up exhausted, but dear, sweet Sonna went to get me a Diet Coke and some water, and some breakfast for herself,  and promised to entertain herself while I slept it off.  I'm done now,  so let me see if she's back, so we can go out and make some more FABULOUS British adventures for us all to enjoy together!  And if we don't find Miss G pretty soon I may have to enlist the aid of Scotland Yard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should enlist the help of a handsome bobbie (sp) to help you find Miss G.

Anonymous said...

sounds like miss ginger and entourage are having a fabulous trip. the g-a-y bar..i love it.  do they have a s-t-r-a-i-g-h-t bar too?

live it up for the rest of us stuck slaving away for the man on this side of the big pond!