Saturday, March 8, 2008

Weight Watchers minus the meetings!

Well,  Miss G went to see Dr. D  yesterday because her thumb and elbow have been bothering her.  Numbness,  soreness,  sensitivity,  and weakness. If you guessed carpal tunnel,  10 points for you!  I think the good Dr. must hang out with Jackson and Shelby's vet, because he looks at the chart and exclaims: "Good Lord!  You've gained 20 pounds since the last time you were here!  How did that happen?"  My reply?  "Oh, it was easy,  really!"  He suggested I join Weight Watchers,  and I'm like "I am not going to meetings with those fat ladies!"  So he told me "you can do it all online", and I thought to myself "Great!  Another reason to sit in front of a computer for hours with no physical activity!"  So anyway, Miss Ginger is signed up and on her way!  This is her first day,   and against her 28 point allowance she has already racked up 32 points!  How's that for overchieving??  In her own defense,  she didn't sign up until after she ate those 2 corny dogs for lunch!  As a look ahead,  she's already calculated the points for her favorite breakfast tomorrow at Tecate.  32 points.  Another disaster day!  So far this Weight Watchers thing isn't working so good for our gurl!  The good news?  This glass of red wine is only 2 points!  That means if you use a big enough glass,  the whole bottle is only 6 points!  This might work out after all!  Wish me luck.... I'm gonna need it!

Oh, BTW>  we have come up with a name for the car.  Veronique Volvo Chez Francais, n'est pas?  I couldn't come up with a Swedish "V" name so I went for exotic European!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How is it decided about the points?  A glass of wine gets 2?  hmmm.

And congratulations on being an overachiever!

btw...if you ever want to go for a long walk at Memorial Park, let me know.  As the weather gets warmer and the clothing comes off, the eye candy should be enough incentive to get you out there.